Month: December 2022

What Are Online Divorces in Alabama

If you’re looking for ways to keep costs down and make your divorce less stressful, finding an alternative to the traditional court process is necessary.

What Is Online Divorce

Using an internet service to guide you through the divorce process is known as an online divorce. This includes putting together the divorce documents, writing the divorce settlement agreement, and submitting the paperwork to the court. These services eliminate any uncertainty surrounding your divorce. The service will fill out the paperwork you need for your circumstance and advise you where to file it based on your responses to an online interview or questionnaire.  What is an Online Divorce

Is Online Divorce Right for You?

Online divorce is suitable for “uncontested” divorces. When both partners wish to end their marriage and agree on every aspect of it, the divorce is said to be uncontested. The division of property, assets, and debts, whether one spouse will pay

Continue reading

What are Differences Between Chapter 7 & Chapter 13 Bankruptcy

What is the difference between Chapter 7 and Chapter 13 bankruptcy? You’re not alone if you’re unclear about the differences between Chapter 7 and Chapter 13 bankruptcy. Both Chapters 7 and 13 provide debt relief choices, but they approach it in different ways. Which one you can go after will depend on your particular financial situation.  Difference Between 7 and Chapter 13

While Chapter 13 bankruptcy is frequently referred to as “wage-bankruptcy,” earner’s Chapter 7 bankruptcy is also referred to as “straight bankruptcy.” Once the debt is paid off and the bankruptcy is dismissed, both might give filers a new financial start. However, neither choice enables you to escape from paying certain taxes, child support, or alimony.

Chapter 7 bankruptcy, often known as liquidation bankruptcy, enables those who make too little money to make ends meet and have unsecured debt like outstanding credit card balances and medical bills to get rid of it. No debt

Continue reading

Can Chapter 13 Bankruptcy Help Save My Home from Foreclosure

Can a Chapter 13 Bankruptcy Save My Home from Foreclosures? If your bank sent you a notice of impending foreclosure, you may still be able to keep your house by declaring Chapter 13 bankruptcy—as long as you can fulfill the criteria for a conformable repayment plan. Chapter 13 bankruptcy in Montgomery can halt a foreclosure while giving you some time to correct a mortgage default. Can Chapter 13 Help Foreclosures

The bank cannot immediately sell your home just because you received a notice of foreclosure. Each state has its own laws outlining the steps a lender must take in order to foreclose on a property. When you call a local Millbrook bankruptcy attorney, they can explain the process.

In some areas, the process known as judicial foreclosure necessitates that lenders file a complaint in state court before they may foreclose on your home. Others enable a lender to foreclose a loan outside of court

Continue reading

2022 in review – reflections on the past year in family law

Managing Partner Julian Hawkhead finishes the year with a look back at the significant developments for UK family law over the past twelve months, and reflects on another successful year for Stowe. 

As another year draws to a close, I have paused in the frantic closing off of the calendar year to reflect on events in the life of Stowe and the wider family law world over the past twelve months.

Whilst 2022 brought a renewed sense of hope, no one could have predicted the new challenges that we would face. It’s hard to believe that we started the year working remotely still and talking about the Omicron variant and booster vaccinations.

During the course of the year we have tentatively returned to some “old” ways of life, returning to offices in greater numbers and greater frequency. Collectively it has felt like the ingredient we missed so much in lockdown;

Continue reading

Can I Go Back and Modify My Divorce Decree

Can I go back and modify my divorce decree by agreement? In most cases, it is possible to go back and modify a divorce decree by agreement of both parties. This is typically done through the process of post-divorce modificationCan I modify my divorce decree

Post-divorce modification is a legal process that allows a party to ask the court to modify the terms of a divorce decree after the divorce has been finalized. This can include modifications to issues such as child custody, child support, alimony, or property division.

To modify a divorce decree by agreement, both parties must agree to the proposed changes and submit a written agreement to the court outlining the proposed modifications. The court will review the agreement to ensure that it is fair and reasonable and, if approved, will issue an amended divorce decree incorporating the agreed-upon changes.

It is important to note that not all aspects of a

Continue reading