Tag: LAW

What are Differences Between Chapter 7 & Chapter 13 Bankruptcy

What is the difference between Chapter 7 and Chapter 13 bankruptcy? You’re not alone if you’re unclear about the differences between Chapter 7 and Chapter 13 bankruptcy. Both Chapters 7 and 13 provide debt relief choices, but they approach it in different ways. Which one you can go after will depend on your particular financial situation.  Difference Between 7 and Chapter 13

While Chapter 13 bankruptcy is frequently referred to as “wage-bankruptcy,” earner’s Chapter 7 bankruptcy is also referred to as “straight bankruptcy.” Once the debt is paid off and the bankruptcy is dismissed, both might give filers a new financial start. However, neither choice enables you to escape from paying certain taxes, child support, or alimony.

Chapter 7 bankruptcy, often known as liquidation bankruptcy, enables those who make too little money to make ends meet and have unsecured debt like outstanding credit card balances and medical bills to get rid of it. No debt

Read More

Can Chapter 13 Bankruptcy Help Save My Home from Foreclosure

Can a Chapter 13 Bankruptcy Save My Home from Foreclosures? If your bank sent you a notice of impending foreclosure, you may still be able to keep your house by declaring Chapter 13 bankruptcy—as long as you can fulfill the criteria for a conformable repayment plan. Chapter 13 bankruptcy in Montgomery can halt a foreclosure while giving you some time to correct a mortgage default. Can Chapter 13 Help Foreclosures

The bank cannot immediately sell your home just because you received a notice of foreclosure. Each state has its own laws outlining the steps a lender must take in order to foreclose on a property. When you call a local Millbrook bankruptcy attorney, they can explain the process.

In some areas, the process known as judicial foreclosure necessitates that lenders file a complaint in state court before they may foreclose on your home. Others enable a lender to foreclose a loan outside of court

Read More

2022 in review – reflections on the past year in family law

Managing Partner Julian Hawkhead finishes the year with a look back at the significant developments for UK family law over the past twelve months, and reflects on another successful year for Stowe. 

As another year draws to a close, I have paused in the frantic closing off of the calendar year to reflect on events in the life of Stowe and the wider family law world over the past twelve months.

Whilst 2022 brought a renewed sense of hope, no one could have predicted the new challenges that we would face. It’s hard to believe that we started the year working remotely still and talking about the Omicron variant and booster vaccinations.

During the course of the year we have tentatively returned to some “old” ways of life, returning to offices in greater numbers and greater frequency. Collectively it has felt like the ingredient we missed so much in lockdown;

Read More

Can I Go Back and Modify My Divorce Decree

Can I go back and modify my divorce decree by agreement? In most cases, it is possible to go back and modify a divorce decree by agreement of both parties. This is typically done through the process of post-divorce modificationCan I modify my divorce decree

Post-divorce modification is a legal process that allows a party to ask the court to modify the terms of a divorce decree after the divorce has been finalized. This can include modifications to issues such as child custody, child support, alimony, or property division.

To modify a divorce decree by agreement, both parties must agree to the proposed changes and submit a written agreement to the court outlining the proposed modifications. The court will review the agreement to ensure that it is fair and reasonable and, if approved, will issue an amended divorce decree incorporating the agreed-upon changes.

It is important to note that not all aspects of a

Read More

What is the Best Way to Tell Your Spouse You Want a Divorce in AL

What is the best way to tell your spouse that you want a divorce? Nobody gets married anticipating their union would come to a bitter end. Sometimes the problems pile up, the spark is gone, or you realize your partner is incompatible. Sometimes getting a divorce in Jefferson County is the healthiest option. Of course, this is not a light conversation and several steps should be taken before telling them. Tell Spouse Want a Divorce

The first step is making sure this is what you really want. If you have any doubt in your mind that you might regret the initiation of the divorce, it’s probably not the time to make such a final decision. Take a step back, think about why you want a divorce in Birmingham, or anywhere else in Alabama, then proceed. If you are sure however, it is time to prepare to let them know. 

Choose a time and place that

Read More